There is never, ever an excuse for drunk driving. So many innocent people lose their lives because others make an irresponsible choice. These deaths are entirely preventable, and that makes it all the harder to accept. Even for drunk driving victims who manage to survive their accidents, the repercussions can be serious and may last for a long time. When drunk drivers get behind the wheel, they recklessly take strangers’ lives into their own hands, and they ought to be held accountable for doing so.
An October 2018 CBS reports that a “ woman was arrested Sunday evening on suspicion of felony DUI after she was involved in two accidents”.
Georgia DUI Accidents & Injuries: Statistics
When you start crunching the numbers, you can quickly come to a chilling realization about the frequency and severity of impaired driving in The Peach State. It happens in big cities and small towns, on back roads and major highways alike. Consider the following:
- 297 people lost their lives in Georgia drunk driving accidents during 2013 (the most recent year on record).
- 839 people lost their lives in Georgia motorcycle accidents involving alcohol impairment during 2011 (the most recent year on record).
- DUI/ DWI accounts for 28 to 30 percent of all traffic fatalities in Georgia.
- In Georgia, drunk driving victims are most likely to be male and between the ages of 21 and 34, through men and women of all ages are affected.
- In a poll, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found that two percent of Georgia drivers were willing to admit that they had driven while drunk during the last 30 days. Experts believe the numbers are much higher than that, due to drivers being reluctant to confess.
- Drunk driving deaths are estimated to cost Georgia more than $1 billion a year.
As the Georgia drunk driving accident lawyers, T. Madden & Associates, P.C. are dedicated to getting justice for the victims of DUI accidents and injuries, as well as for their families.
Too often, we have seen entirely innocent people suffer needlessly while insurance companies add insult to injury by handling compensation claims unfairly and dishonestly.
We are here to lend a shoulder of support and experienced hand for guidance. We want to be your voice – a voice with which you can speak up and confidently demand true justice. We want to maximize your compensation and deliver you as much as money as possible.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed in a drunk driving accident in Atlanta, Savannah, Augusta, Columbia, Jonesboro, or anywhere else in Georgia, our attorney team can help. You and your family may be entitled to much more than you realize. Please give our office a call right away.