Antoniette Battle, (Source: NorthSide Neighbor)
There is never, ever an excuse for drunk driving. So many innocent people lose their lives because others make an irresponsible choice. These deaths are entirely preventable, and that makes it all the harder to accept.
A July 2019 NorthSide Neighbor reports that “The Sandy Springs Police Department is investigating a July 17 car wreck that resulted in the death of a bicyclist”. According to the police, the wreck was due to the vehicle driver’s DUI, and the report claims that “at about 5 a.m., officers responded to a 911 call regarding a bicyclist being struck by a car on Roswell Road near Trowbridge Road”. Later, the driver of the car was found to be Antoniette Battle of Atlanta.
Georgia DUI Accidents & Injuries: Statistics
DUI happens everywhere in this country, and Georgia also suffers from this often. When you start crunching the numbers, you can quickly come to a chilling realization about the frequency and severity of impaired driving in The Peach State. It happens in big cities and small towns, on back roads and major highways alike. Consider the following:
- 297 people lost their lives in Georgia drunk driving accidents during 2013 (the most recent year on record).
- 839 people lost their lives in Georgia motorcycle accidents involving alcohol impairment during 2011 (the most recent year on record).
- DUI / DWI accounts for 28 to 30 percent of all traffic fatalities in Georgia.
- In Georgia, drunk driving victims are most likely to be male and between the ages of 21 and 34, though men and women of all ages are affected.
- In a poll, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found that two percent of Georgia drivers were willing to admit that they had driven while drunk during the last 30 days. Experts believe the numbers are much higher than that, due to drivers being reluctant to confess.
- Drunk driving deaths are estimated to cost Georgia more than $1 billion a year.
What should you do first after the DUI wreck?
Even though you might think that you can handle the accident yourself, it is much better to hire experienced DUI Accident Lawyers especially when they are free. This is because, too often, we have seen entirely innocent people suffer needlessly while insurance companies add insult to injury by handling compensation claims unfairly or dishonestly.
We’re here to provide support and experienced hand for guidance. We want to be your voice – a voice with which you can speak up and confidently demand true justice. T. Madden & Associates, P.C. will not charge you unless and until we get your money. There is absolutely nothing to lose when you contact us. But strict statutes of limitations do apply to DUI accidents and injuries, so please don’t delay.
We care about you and your family. We understand how difficult this time in your life can be, and we want to make it as easy as possible. Let us bear your burdens and fight your battles. Let us take a stand when it matters most.
Leave a Comment